According to a new market research report published by Acute Market Reports “Internet of Things (IoT) Microcontroller Market (By Product – 8-bit, 16-bit & 32-bit) – Growth, Share, Opportunities, Competitive Analysis, and Forecast 2016 – 2023”, the global Internet of Things (IoT) microcontroller market was valued at US$ 1,765.3 Mn in 2015 and is estimated to expand with a CAGR of 11.7% from 2016 to 2023.
Browse the full report at https://www.acutemarketreports.com/report/internet-of-things-iot-microcontrollers-market
Internet of Things (IoT) refers to a network of different physical objects including electronic devices, automobiles, buildings and other objects equipped with the IoT network component. The concept of IoT works on the principle of connecting various objects that can be assigned with an internet protocol (IP) address. Basic components of the IoT network such as sensing devices are based upon microcontroller platforms for connectivity and data collection. This makes IoT microcontrollers among the most important aspects of the overall IoT industry.
The rising IoT trend worldwide is the most significant factor fueling the IoT microcontroller market growth. IoT is witnessing strong adoption across various applications such as industrial automation, smart appliances, smart grids, home automation and smart cities among others. With the rising number of connected devices globally, it becomes highly essential to develop high performance microcontrollers for different IoT applications. Considering the adoption rate of IoT services, various companies worldwide have already begun developing high performance IoT microcontrollers. Another major factor pushing the market growth is the growing miniaturization of electronic devices.
The global IoT microcontroller market is highly competitive in nature with numerous technology giants trying to increase their footprint in the market. The IoT microcontroller market is highly technology driven and is mainly pushed by the rising number of connected devices. Due to high potential in the overall IoT industry, microcontroller manufacturers are focusing towards supplying advanced microcontroller solutions specifically for IoT applications.
Mergers and acquisition are among the most prominent trends adopted by the companies in order to gain a competitive edge in the market. One of the most significant instance is the acquisition of Atmel Corporation, a U.S. based microcontroller manufacturer by Microchip Technology, Inc., another U.S. based microcontroller manufacturer. Another major instance is the acquisition of Itseez, Inc. by Intel Corporation. With headquarters in the U.S., Itseez, Inc. is software vendor engaged in developing applications and algorithms for embedded hardware used in IoT and automotive applications.
- Focus on development of advanced (low-power and ultra-low-power) IoT microcontrollers
- Emphasis on specific IoT applications (especially automotive, healthcare, consumer electronics etc.)
- Rising penetration of connected devices
- Acquisition and partnerships for entering/strengthening the position in the market
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the current market trends and dynamics in the internet of things iot microcontrollers market and valuable opportunities for emerging players?
- Estimated forecast and market projections up to 2029
- Which segment accounts for the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which is the largest regional market for internet of things iot microcontrollers?
- What is the market trend and dynamics in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- The worldwide market value of the internet of things iot microcontrollers market in 2019 and 2020
- Which are the key trends driving the global internet of things iot microcontrollers market growth?
- Who are the leading service providers in the internet of things iot microcontrollers market worldwide?
About Acute Market Reports
Acute Market Reports is a worldwide market research and counseling firm that serves driving organizations, governments, non-legislative associations, and not-for-benefits. We offer our customers some assistance with making enduring enhancements to their execution and understand their most imperative objectives.